We have had a wonderful first few weeks with students this term, and their curiosity during our Inquiry sessions has been fantastic! Learning about the world around us, with a focus on maps and geographical features, has been of great interest to the kids and we were lucky enough to have a real life pilot visit us on Thursday afternoon! We learned about the different locations planes can land, what happens when a plane breaks down, why we have to turn our phones off when we get on board, and how weather can affect flying conditions. It was wonderful to hear all the insightful questions being asked by our clever Junior School students! Thank you Captain Chris for your brilliant presentation! We are looking forward to the excursion on Monday afternoon to the Duck Park - we are leaving at the start of lunch and eating there, so please send along lunch as usual with as little plastic/rubbish as possible. Parents/siblings are welcome to attend the excursion, feel free to walk with us or meet us there!
We were sad to farewell Brendan this week, but we wish him all the best and we look forward to hearing about his new adventures!
Friday October 26: Halloween Disco
Monday October 29: P-2 Inquiry Excursion to Duck Park
Wednesday October 31: Halloween Fundraiser
In READING this week, we are learning how to make connections between a text and our own lives.
During WRITING this week, we are working on persuasive writing - look out parents, we have been writing to you with some very compelling arguments!
Our latest topic in MATHS is Time and we are working in Maths Groups across the year level to focus on specific skills on a more individual basis.
This week we continued our INQUIRY topic, 'Location, Location, Location!' moving onto Word Maps and we even had a special visit from a real life pilot who told us all about the places he has travelled and answered all our questions about being a pilot!
- Please ensure that all students wear helmets if they are riding or scooting to school. If students are not wearing a helmet, they risk serious injury in the event of a crash.
- We always welcome parent/family helpers in the classroom. If you are interested, please ensure you provide a copy of your Working With Children Check to the office. More information can be found at: http://www.workingwithchildren.vic.gov.au/
- If there are any parents/families that would be able to help us out with covering our 150 brand new Take Home Books, please see your child's teacher - we need all the help we can get. You can come in, or take some home, any help is appreciated!
- Term 4 is a SunSmart term - please ensure your child has a MPPS wide brim hat for recess and lunchtimes. Students without hats will be asked to play in the shaded areas.
- Have you signed up for the Colour Run? It's happening on November 18 and we are super excited! See FlexiBuzz for more information.
- Have you thought about adopting a garden at MPPS? Check with the office for more information